Roast Beetroot & Cashew Cream Crostini
Perfect horduerves for any get together.
Servings: 6 (2 per person)
- 200 grams cashew Nuts soaked for a minimum of 2 hrs overnight
- 130 ml plant milk of your choice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (fresh or bottled)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 6 sprigs thyme leaves
- Half a sprig of rosemary stalks removed and finely chopped - remember the fresh herbs will turn the cheese slightly green, so use dried leaves or less if you don't want a lot of color.
- salt and pepper to taste
- Half large baguette
- 1 clove garlic
- olive oil
- 2 large beetroot
- 100 grams roasted hazelnuts ground but still chunky
- decoration balsamic glaze and thyme optional
Preheat oven to 180° (350°F/Gas Mark 4)
Use precooked beetroot or wrap the fresh beetroot in foil and place in the oven for an hour until soft. Remove and leave to cool, rub off the skins and set aside.
To roast the hazelnuts, place them on a baking tray in the oven for 10 - 15 minutes. Be careful to not over roast them, so check them after 7 minutes. To remove their skins, place them in a clean tea towel and rub vigorously. Grind them or roughly chop if you don't have a grinder or food processor. Leave them chunky, not powdered.
Cut the baguette into 12 slices - 1 cm thick.
Rub with the garlic clove carefully on one side and drizzle with olive oil
Either place into the oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Or use a griddle pan on both sides to get a nice charred effect.